Announcing Blue Hill Observatory's
2017 Summer Workshop - July 17 - 22
"Launch Your Weather Career"
2016 Blue Hill Observatory Summer Weather Workshop Class with CBS4 Meteorologists Danielle Niles
This summer's workshop is designed for students who enjoy learning about the weather and who might like a career in broadcast meteorology. While it is recommended for students between the ages of 14 and 18 years old, others may apply. The workshop will be held during the week of July 17th through 22nd
Students participating in the Blue Hill Observatory Summer Workshop will:
- Learn from three of Boston's top meteorologist- Tim Kelley, Pamela Gardner and Michael Page
- Receive personal instruction- a maximum of 8 students will be accepted for this workshop
- Learn proven broadcasting techniques from well known local meteorologists
- Learn to accurately observe and forecast the weather
- Prepare and record a personal forecast in an actual TV studio
Students will receive intensive instruction in the mornings followed by an afternoon field trip to - CBS TV4, National Weather Service, NBC Boston/New England Cable News, NECN and an additional TV station.
Applications and tuition rates are available from Executive Director Charles Orloff at firstname.lastname@example.org