Announcing Blue Hill Observatory's
2013 Summer Workshop - July 8 - 13
"Launch Your TV Weather Career"
2012 Blue Hill Observatory Summer Weather Workshop Class in studio with Meteorologist Joe Joyce.
This summer's workshop is designed for students who enjoy learning about the weather and who might like a career in broadcast meteorology. While it is recommended for students between the ages of 15 and 20 years old, others may apply. The workshop will be held during the week of July 8th through 13th.
Students participating in the Blue Hill Observatory Summer Workshop will
- Learn from three of Boston's top meteorologist- Joe Joyce, Tim Kelley, Mish Michaels
- Receive personal instruction- Maximum 8 students will be accepted for this workshop
- Learn proven broadcasting techniques from well known local meteorologists
- Learn to accurately observe and forecast the weather
- Prepare and record a personal forecast in an actual TV studio
Students will receive four hours of intensive instruction in the morning followed by an afternoon field trip to - WBZ TV4, National Weather Service, Museum of Science and New England Cable News, NECN.
Applications and tuition rates are available from Executive Director Charles Orloff at firstname.lastname@example.org